The University licensing program is designed to provide a simple, step by step procedure enabling the purchase of licensed goods.** This program allows any individual or department to legally purchase licensed goods that bear the University of Utah's marks.
Follow these 8 easy steps to participate in the Licensing Program:
- Generate concept (product design and how it is used)
- Contact the Licensing Manager to discuss concept and receive list of approved vendors (801 585-7784 or email@example.com).
- Licensing Administrator determines if royalties apply*
- Individual/Department requests bids from licensed vendors
- Individual/Department chooses vendor
- Vendors submit design to The Collegiate Licensing Company
- Licensing Director approves artwork
- Vendor produces product and ships to individual/department
**For University of Utah departments making purchases of $5,000 or more, you must contact the Purchasing Department at 801 581-7241 prior to completing this process .
*If royalties do not apply, the individual/department will receive a letter from the Licensing Director stating that royalties are waived. The letter should be submitted to vendors during the bid process.