Photographs & Video Footage

The Licensing Department oversees the use of still and moving images for the University. These images are usually pictures or film containing copyright or trademark content about the University of Utah. The use of all film and pictures bearing the trademarks of the University of Utah, or in which the institution holds the copyright, must be approved prior to any use. The most common type of request is for athletic film or pictures. All requests for still and moving images, regardless of content, should be directed to Collegiate Images at

In cases where the University does not own the copyright to the film being used but their trademarks still appear, permission can be received as well by contacting Collegiate Images.

The athletic department issues press credentials for those authorized to take pictures or film of University Athletic Events. When issued a credential, the bearer agrees to the terms and conditions listed on the back. That information is also available at

Visit our video page for an example of what is available to be licensed.